Chronic fatigue syndrome — it is not laziness, but a serious disease that can significantly spoil life. But who would have thought that the constant sense of exhaustion may be to blame for the kidneys? More specifically, a small gland — the adrenal glands. The failure of the adrenal glands makes us feel like a squeezed lemon. However, this condition can and must be fought.
AdMe.ru conducted its own investigation and tell you about how to win the eternal fatigue and finally live a full life.
What you need to know about adrenal glands?
The adrenals are small glands that have a lot of vital functions. Our adrenal glands control metabolism, immune system, blood pressure and response to stress. And they do this through the production of these hormones.
- Cortisol helps the body to mobilize in emergency situations, stimulates the production of adrenaline.
- Adrenaline in control of your reactions, its level rises when you get in trouble (even if that performance in front of a large audience or exam).
- Aldosterone determines the amount of sodium and potassium in your blood. This means that blood pressure depends on the level of aldosterone too.
- DHEA is called the hormone of youth. He is responsible for a clear mind, strong memory and endurance. Derivatives of this hormone is prohibited for the reception of the athletes are doping.
The doctors say that if you are harassed overwork and frequent stress, you might cortisol levels in your blood is chronically elevated. This disease is called adrenal fatigue and is a whole bunch of symptoms that you are likely still associated with the usual fatigue.
In order to effectively fight with chronic fatigue and lack of energy, need to know the enemy in the face. Here are the main symptoms, which indicate that the adrenal glands have failed:
- A constant feeling of anxiety for no apparent reason.
- In the morning you find it hard to Wake up, but in the evening you feel better.
- PMS pronounced.
- You have dry skin.
- You were more likely to catch a cold, and easily pick up viruses.
- You have numb finger tips and sore lower back.
- You can easily deduce from itself.
How to assess the threat?
Any problems in the body require immediate treatment to the doctor. But if you notice symptoms of adrenal fatigue, you can determine the level of risk before visiting a specialist. These simple tests will help you to understand that it’s time to be suspicious.
- Test irritability. If the usual things have started to annoy you carp to home in every detail, ready to flare up like a match, it is possible that the adrenal glands are not working at full strength.
- Measurement of blood pressure. To track blood pressure, you need to keep a special diary and daily write down the results of the measurements. If over time your blood pressure below 120/80 mm Hg. article, then it’s time to go to the doctor.
- Look at your pupils. People with reduced function of the adrenal glands react dramatically to bright light. And all because their pupils are badly narrowed.
- Follow the body temperature. When hypofunction of adrenal glands morning temperature is often reduced. However, instability in body temperature may indicate that you have problems with the thyroid gland. Immediately contact the endocrinologist.
- Rate your diet. In diseases of the adrenal people experience the desire to eat a bag of chips (or any salty foods) in one sitting.
- And, most importantly, get tested. To determine the level of cortisol and DHEA doing a saliva test. In healthy people, cortisol levels are high in the morning and decreases throughout the day.
Causes of adrenal fatigue
To get rid of chronic fatigue and lead an active life, you need to know the causes hypofunction of the adrenal glands.
- Stress — the main problem of people who feel squeezed like a lemon. When you experience emotional stress, in the blood is cortisol. But if the stress becomes regular, the level of this hormone is constantly changing: it can be both extremely low and high.
- The lack of sleep. The right balance of hormones depends on how much you sleep, because some of them are produced only in the dark.
- Heavy and exhausting workthat keeps you in constant tension.
- Poor physical form. If you do not exercise, the hormones are out of control.
Ways of dealing with the disease
In order to eliminate the symptoms of chronic fatigue, caused by reduced function of the adrenal glands, you need to slightly change your habits.
- Learn relaxation. Explore non-pharmacological methods of relaxation, such as yoga or meditation. Massage reduces stress by 30 %.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours a day. Yes, your adrenal is also need a healthy sleep, because the hormones also work on schedule, and the level of cortisol depends on the duration of night sleep.
- Avoid stimulants — coffee and sugar. Stimulants solve the immediate problem, such as not to sleep at work, however, disrupt the hormonal balance.
- Eliminate sources of inflammation in your body. Chronic inflammation caused due to joint pain, problems with bowel or food intolerance. Under these conditions cortisol is produced in increased volume.
- Eat fermented foods (kefir, sauerkraut, pickles). They contain probiotics, which are beneficial to the immune system.
- Take adaptogens — compounds of natural origin that increase body resistance. To combat fatigue will be useful herbs like ginseng, Holy Basil, licorice root, lemon balm, and Siberian ginseng. Substances contained in them will help your body respond properly to stress.
- Engage in physical activity. Jogging and even brisk walking stabilize hormonal balance.
How do you cope with chronic fatigue?